Research Scientist - Deep Learning
We are looking for Researchers to join our expanding R&D team.
Founded in 2014, Yoti is a global technology company, having developed the Yoti app, to help people to prove who they are and confirm who other people are, online and in person. We are a passionate team of software developers, security consultants and other clever minds working to safely improve the way people share their personal information.
About the role
We are working on a number of exciting projects in the field of biometrics and are looking for R&D Researcher's to join our team. You should have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the capability of implementing academic papers into functional prototypes.
- This position operates in a team; self-motivation and a good working ethic/attitude are a must to be successful in this environment.
- You have a positive approach and a great attitude, always try to face challenges with a smile.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator, open, honest, transparent and inclusive in your communications.
- Commitment, you’re eager to learn, you never give up, and you find solutions where others see problems.
- You’re collaborative, both an active participant and listener. Respectful of others, communicate constructively and willingly lend a hand to help others when needed.
- PhD in the areas of computer vision, machine learning, image processing.
- Strong knowledge of DNN theory and practical experience of applying DNN in computer vision.
- Strong knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow/Theano/PyTorch etc.
- Good Python coding skills.
- Experience working with Git inside a team
- Ability to write clean and well maintained code.
- Attention to detail.
- First author publications in top tier journals or conferences (e.g. TPAMI, IJCV, ICCV, ECCV, CVPR).
- Experience working with applications in the facial data analysis (e.g. face recognition/verification, pose estimation, face alignment, face behaviour analysis).
- Experience working with machine learning techniques in speech or audio analysis.
What’s in it for you?
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
- 5 fully paid Selfie Days - for your own personal development; volunteering, charity events, etc
- Brand new offices
- Large chill out area - we call it The Park - Table-Tennis and a Foosball table
- Friday drinks
- Explosive Team Events
- Learning - conferences, events, courses - here to make sure you reach your potential
We don’t want people to stagnate, we don’t want people to just “get by”, we offer a magnitude of tools so you continue to learn, challenge yourself, evolve as a techie and keep you constantly engaged. We even have a Yoti Labs for the people who like to play with new tools, experiment and want to build something out of this world!
Yoti in the news
- Yoti Blog - Here
- Company Valuation - Here
- Telegraph News Article - Here
- Where can I use Yoti? - Here
- Have a read through our SDK - Here
- Our Github account for more code info - Here
We are based in Central London, by Bank, 5 minutes walk away from London Bridge and Liverpool Street Stations. We are surrounded by a bunch of restaurants, enough to try a new lunch menu every day for a good few months!
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with a company doing crazy-complex projects, in a fun and exciting environment, where creativity is rewarded! You will also be working on something which millions of people could well be using daily! This kind of opportunity does not come round often so what are you waiting for, apply today and build something amazing tomorrow!
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks:
- We will check your details against fraud prevention databases
- We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
- If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
- Please contact [email protected] to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.
If we consider that you might be suitable for other roles in the future, we will keep your details so we can contact you about these other roles. If you do not want us to keep your details for this purpose, please e-mail [email protected] or let us know at any stage of the recruitment process. For more information please read our applicant privacy notice