Senior Cloud Engineer
Who we are
Yoti is a global company whose aim is to be the world’s trusted identity system. We have seriously ambitious goals to become the world's most secure and data sensitive company. Our passionate team works to improve the way people share their personal information. Innovative products like the Yoti mobile app help people to prove who they are online and in person.
Yoti is changing the way people prove their identity. Our products are built from the ground up to respect customers' privacy and put you in control. We will never sell on customer data - we couldn’t even if we wanted to. Designing products that are simple to use and easy to understand in the world of privacy, security and personal data is a tough challenge.
We are creating a new concept. Something that has never been done before, Why not be part of something truly innovative and creative. Yoti is here to fight against fraud and build a secure identity system for individuals and businesses. We are a company who are pushing the boundaries of technology for a safer world.
More about this Team and Project
To ensure all systems honour our SLA. To help us ensuring our systems and services are kept safe and up to date. To maintain hardware and software in our production data centers.
- Focusing on Yoti’s core production systems, take part in building and evolving our server infrastructure.
- Help design and implement the platform and management infrastructure, with an emphasis on security, resource isolation, deployment automation, redundancy and high-availability.
- Implement comprehensive but lightweight monitoring, auditing and logging of all hardware, logical systems and software services.
- In most situations, your deployments will focus on automation and mass orchestration, with minimal manual intervention, to allow for scalability, simplicity of deployment and rapid disaster recovery.
- You will be required to take part in an on-call rota.
Core Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong linux skills preferably a specialist in Debian based systems
- Understanding of Linux-based firewalls and server hardening
- Solid scripting/programming experience (Python, Bash, Go)
- Hands on experience with automation tools like SaltStack, Puppet and/or Ansible
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes/Mesos
- Experience with virtualisation : Vmware, Xen, QEMU, Proxmox
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Openstack
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code systems such as Terraform and Cloudformation
- Working knowledge of storage systems - DASD, SAN, NAS and distributed file systems
- Experience with load balancing : hardware or software load balancers (Haproxy, Nginx)
- Willing to be on an after hours on-call rota
- Experience with version control systems, git, svn etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field a plus
Nice to have:
- Experience with authentication/directory services: FreeIPA, Radius, Keycloak
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience with L2 and L3 networks
- Experience installing and configuring web servers with SSL : Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd
- Hands-on experience with administering RDBMS, preferably PostgreSQL, in a HA environment (replication, database clustering)
- Solid experience with DNS technologies : Bind, NSD
- Basic understanding of routing and switching
- Intrusion detection tools
What’s in it for you?
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to work
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Yoti Life (Internal communication platform and access to lots of discounts)
- 5 fully paid Selfie Days - for your own personal development; volunteering, charity events, etc
- Continuous learning opportunities (LinkedIn Learning, conferences, events, courses )
- Large chill out area - we call it The Park - Table-Tennis and a Foosball table
- Free fruit and snacks and a fridge fully stocked with soft drinks and beers
- Team Events
- Flexible working
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a simpler, more secure way of proving identity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks:
- We will check your details against fraud prevention databases
- We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
- If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
- Please contact [email protected] to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.
If we consider that you might be suitable for other roles in the future, we will keep your details so we can contact you about these other roles. If you do not want us to keep your details for this purpose, please e-mail [email protected] or let us know at any stage of the recruitment process. For more information please read our applicant privacy notice.